Hello, friends! Here I sit with a cup of cold coffee and it’s about time to write a short summary for June. It’s so strange. You’d think that there’d be more time over when you spend most of your day at home. Wrong! I go to bed the same time as before and wake up earlier. I spend time with Little A (but she sleeps quite a bit) and then it’s suddenly evening again. Where does the time go?
The Books I Read in June
In June I stuck to what I call simple reading. In other words, there was chick lit and some detective stories. I love Agatha Christie! I’m quite happy that I read so many books in Finnish and English.And guess what? By now I have read 51 books. That means that I have soon completed my challenge – to read 52 books this year.
- 🇫🇮 Agatha Christie: Kaikki päättyy kuolemaan (originally in English Death Comes as the End)
- 🇫🇮 Agatha Christie: Salaperäiset rukiinjyvät (English –A Pocket Full of Rye)
- 🇸🇪 Mons Kallentoft: Vindsjälar
- 🇬🇧 Maggie O’Farrell: This Must Be the Place
- 🇫🇮 Marco Malvaldi: Kolmen kortin temppu (originally in Italian Il gioce delle tre carte)
- 🇬🇧 Lucy Dillon: All I Ever Wanted
- 🇬🇧 Kate Riordan: The Girl in the Photograph
In July I have listened to my first audiobook ever. I will write more about that next month.
Do not judge a book by its cover, they say. This is one book that I chose precisely for its cover. It inspires you to travel.
June: Other Highlights
June was a great month with all that it entailed. Midsummer was one of the highlights, and I also had the chance to spend a lot of time with friends and family. Summer really is my favorite season and I’m so happy that there’s still time left.
What did you read in June?