It’s such a rainy Wednesday today here in Stockholm today. I’m quite happy that we have no plans for today, other than reading, writing, and tidying up ay the house. In other words, it’s also a great day for planning. However, I’m really hoping for good weather for the weekend. Call us lucky, but we have yet a long weekend coming up. Tuesday is a public holiday as it’s the National Day of Sweden. I’m looking forward to spending time with my family and enjoying the sunshine.
Inspiration On a Rainy Wednesday
In order to cheer up this rainy Wednesday a little bit, I decided to look for some inspirational things and share them with you. Here’s what I found – a random mishmash related to minimalism, writing, and this blog.
- The Minimalism Game. The game is simple: 30 days to get rid of unnecessary things. On day one, you toss one item, on day two two… and so on. As I will spend quite a bit of time away from home in June, I will not follow the challenge. Instead, I will use it as inspiration in order to get rid of some stuff. Are you up for the challenge?
- Keep a list of titles and headlines for blog posts, book chapters. You name it. I was originally inspired by this blog post here.
- Do something today that you never did before. I have not yet figured out what that’d be, but I’m sure it will come to me. At the moment I’m experiencing a lot of “firsts” as everything is new to little A. It makes me see the world quite differently.
- At the end of this post, I have shared our most popular posts. I hope that they will inspire you!
- I came across the following quote somewhere on the internet (by Regina Brett):
Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
Did you scroll this far? I just realized that we have had this blog for a year and a half. That means that we have a bunch of great blog posts. In case you need something interesting to read on this rainy Thursday, why not check out our post popular posts?
- Did you get struck by a sudden urge to travel? Fear not – here’s a blog post on five easy ways to travel more>>
- Brussels is a great city! Here we tell the world about our visit to the Belgian capital >>
- As I’m originally from Finland, there are certain treats(FOOD!) that I miss from our eastern neighbor. Here you find out what exactly those treats are >>
- Do you need even more travel inspiration? Check out our top 10 European destinations off the beaten track >>
- What’s the best way to treat yourself? By going on a trip. Last year we visited Tallinn for my birthday and then we wrote about it here >>